The ketogenic diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet that is beneficial for those looking to lose weight and increase their metabolic rate. This diet is becoming increasingly popular due to the fast results it provides. On this diet, the carbohydrate intake should be less than the fat intake. These fats are healthy fats that your body will later use to convert into energy and increase your metabolism rate and thus increase your activity.
Ketones are produced from fats that are broken down in the liver. It helps release the energy that the body would have obtained from glucose released from carbohydrate sources. When ketones are produced in the body, the body enters a state of ketosis, in which your body is completely nourished from fat. When your metabolism rate increases, your body tends to burn fat more efficiently.
Is it suitable for Indian diets?
Since Indian cuisine is rich in carbs, adapting to the keto diet can be a bit difficult. However, our Indian meal plan includes a variety of vegetables and flours that are low in carbohydrates and align well with the ketogenic diet plan.
Including white butter, paneer, chickpea flour, fish, chicken, and local vegetables like spinach, a bottle of pumpkin, Indian squash, brinjal, and beets can be very nutritious and also help you lose weight quickly along with the added benefits of managing your levels. Insulin.
1. Since ketogenic diets are low in carbohydrates but high in fat, they help eliminate hunger. This is the best part of this diet, as being hungry during a weight loss plan can discourage you and often lead you to cheat.
2. The ketogenic diet has been shown to be a very fast and effective way to lose weight according to several proven studies, including the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the US National Library of Medicine (NLM). ), A branch of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
3. The ketogenic diet has been shown to increase levels of good cholesterol, the good cholesterol in the body. Since low carbohydrates tend to be high in fats, they often lead to healthy levels of HDL in our blood.
4. Ketogenic diets are also known to lower levels of insulin and blood sugar and are very beneficial for those with type 2 diabetes.
1. Since the ketogenic diet is low in carbs, it can often lead to constipation because the body will not have enough to build mass.
The biggest drawback to the ketogenic diet is that you could end up losing muscle because your protein intake is moderate compared to the fats involved.
3- The initial weight loss on the ketogenic diet is water weight. When your body loses water weight, this means that you are also losing electrolytes. This can often lead to leg cramps, which can be very painful.
4. Diarrhea is a big setback that comes with the ketogenic diet. This occurs when there is a complete change in your diet and your fat intake is higher.
Indian example of the keto diet:
Breakfast: Burji paneer / omelette with cheese with vegetables / eggs Burji with vegetables
Lunch: spinach soup with mushrooms and a little white butter.
Dinner: vegetable salad with cheese / paneer sauteed with vegetables
Here are some common mistakes to avoid
The keto diet is very popular with the crowd today. But to get the most out of this diet, some precautions must be taken. Here are some common mistakes that you should avoid when following the keto diet for weight loss.
Not drinking enough water
You must drink enough water. Insufficient fluid intake can slow down your metabolism and you won't be able to lose pounds.
Increase your intake of dairy products
Remember, moderation is the key. No matter what type of diet you are on, eat in moderation. Eating a lot of dairy products like cheese can spoil your diet.
Not eating enough fat
The ketogenic diet is generally high in fat, and most people dread eating too much fat. But when you limit your carbohydrate intake, you need to eat more fats in order for your body to reach the stage of ketosis.
Plenty of snacks
If you don't snack carefully, it's easy to stray out of your way and consume more calories. The ketogenic diet has a satisfying effect, if you are still hungry then make some adjustments to your diet and snack in moderation.